Thursday, July 25, 2013

Masturbation: memory from me from me 13-year old

When my cousins visited us in California from Virginia we would reminisce about the past and compete in an intense West coast vs. East coast rivalry over rap music and sports. On one visit when I was 13 years old, one of my adult female cousin noted that Virginia was sleepy compared to all the attractions and nonstop, nightly “memanees” (parties) in Orange County and that they would spent humid summers and freezing winters mostly indoors. With all my adult cousins seated at the dinner table set up in the backyard, I bluntly said. “Oh how boring. So what do you do for fun? Masturbate all the time.” At first blush everyone froze but then they burst into uncontrollable laughter. What could they say? Some boys are just born to be “luchak” (naughty) and driven to satisfy their cravings one way or another. For the virgin me at the time just talking about it gave me the pleasure I needed. My female cousin reached over and hugged me. I felt reassured by her love.

No comments: