Sunday, December 29, 2013

My endorsement for President of Afghanistan in 2014 Elections

Last October, the LGBTIQ Afghanistan (a community constituting up to 40% of the national electorate) officially endorsed Dr. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai for President in the upcoming 2014 elections. Some asked, "If Afghanistan’s gays are voting en masse for Dr. Ghani who is Nemat Sadat privately endorsing?" Some suggested maybe I support Mohammad Nadir Naeem or Zalmai Rassoul. No! I don’t cast votes based on superficial constructions. I vote for the candidate who has the best interest in mind for Afghanistan and the one who is the most qualified candidate to lead our nation. Based on that premise, I concluded that Dr. Ashraf Ghani is the ideal candidate for President. If you’re still undecided, I urge you to learn about him and his vision and when you do, I’m sure you will reach the same conclusion. I trust you will make the right choice for you and for future generations to come. 

No comments: