Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Controversy over Same Sex Marriage in Afghanistan

This message is to select members of The Samovar Network (TSN) who censored my comments and upheld Islam in the Gay Marriage in Afghanistan discussion that's been going on for over a month now. Today, a member of TSN asked me to participate in a debate hosted by his hostile friends who have a disdain for liberal secularism despite living in America, project a passive-aggressive form of anti-Semitism and deny the cold hard fact that the root cause Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersexual (LGBTI) persons are criminalized and imprisoned and/or put to death in Islamic States is their fanatical religion of Islam. They refuse to accept the reality that the only way to liberate LGBTI persons is to undo Sharia Law and replace Islam with a secularism that's centered on human principles of freedom and equality. Since my response to their request for a debate was studiously deleted from the TSN thread, I'm posting my comment here for the world to see:
“The way you’ve censored my comments in a public discussion forum gives insight into the amateurish, bullying, cultish, and fascist nature of Islam that you and your like-minded friends project upon the world. I’m not interested in debating someone who wants to gain prestige by debating an internationally renown public intellectual and activist who is well known in Afghanistan, Israel, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and across the world. I'd much rather debate someone equal to my stature. Even Muslims like Reza Aslan, Mehdi Hasan and Maajid Nawaz would be more acceptable to me. Secondly, if I were to debate someone like you in the future, I’d much rather debate in a truly global public forum moderated by a formal presenter and before a captivating studio audience. For example, a debate at the Oxford Union that’s televised by Al Jazeera or a panel discussion at the 92nd Street Y that's carried live or pre-recorded by CNN and broadcasted internationally is totally up my alley. Thirdly, if you wish to engage in constructive dialogue, I’m ready and willing to talk now. However, the only type of format that I'm extending for TSN members is an interview format with open-ended questions where you or someone else asks me about my accolades and achievements, about my political ideas and vision for the future. Thank you.”
Here's the link to the TSN discussion thread about Same-Sex Marriage & the Afghan Diaspora:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1420933844901161/

No comments: